Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Perfect Day ( That was today)

I cant believe all the dishes are washed here and the last of the folks are leaving. What a wonderful day today was!

The best moment was I met my cousin who I had not seen since I was 12 years old!. We only met once when my dad, which is his moms Uncle was going to Fla. We stopped in the Carolinas to their house and rested for the night in lieu of a hotel. Me,him and his brother had so much fun! Hwe is from the South and has this really diffrent way of talking but to me its not country its just diffrent. My fathers side of the family are all Down south people. Born and raised. My mothers is pananmanian which they act more like Jamacians to me because they have locked hair and love reggae. Im just a mess. I dont care for reggae at all and I have a head full of hair that I enjoy combing or getting braided.

As the years passed we didnt get close because our family is just that way but we had a Aunt, a old single Aunt who made it to everyones house several times a year with a full report on all the families. My family mostly resides in Washington State, New York, Carolina, Panama and Ontario. The largest part being New York and washington state.

Anyway, i digress Im so full of happyness and a bit of Blue Goose Vodka that I spotted him all the way across the street! He Moved here from North Carolina some really small town near where my Father was born and raised. We are the closest in age and tho hes straight and Im gay we just hit it off. i was coming down the main avenue here in Brooklyn and peeps were out hollering whats up and happy Thanksgiving and I was introducing him to everyone. This is my cuz, this is my cuz. I was happy as hell.

He's the spitting image of our Great Gradfather! We hit it right off! We played Grand Theft auto, Some game gabe has by Fifty cents, ate all the food, went up and down the streets. Just like we were tweleve again. he might be the only one who could keep up with me. My Aunts say "hes a worm in hot ashes" Cause i am always moving.

I can talk as fast as i type LOL so it was a running commentary the whole trip and. He left an hour ago. His mother called me about ten minutes ago and she was so glad we "clicked" he moved up here with his girl but on my dads side of the family which we share I am his only relative. The rest are my relatives on my mothers side. Theyre all latino and really cool peple if not more than a bit dysfunctional.

Its beautiful when family can be real and be family so often we read blogs full of dysfunctional, crappy stuff, we watch these TV court shows and the family is all wanting to fight and sue. Now, dont get me wrong I know me and him will fall out and maybe cuss each other out, Theres not a single family member I have that at one time ornother I have shared with them exactly what I feel about them. I keep very little bottled up it gives me gas!

.But I vowed to myself today that the feelinng I had to day I will always remember even when I have to kick his ass and i know i will.)

I had to blog this while its still freash and the vodka is still making me happy.

OH, but that other side of the family.....Uhh UHH they acted almost per my last blog. My aunt bought no James Cleveland this year ( I found out he was the KING of gospel!) she had cds by the Gaither Family called "Homecoming" they were religious but not overbearing. Even my aunts who are staunch Catholics enjoyed the light gospel/praise style of singing that can appeal to both black and white. It was good. She even gave me three CDs ! Ill probbly listen to ill listen to just about anything. The people really do sound nice.

My crackhead cousin was a no show. People actually put their pocketbooks down and left them as we gathered round the dining room table.

My Uncle Peaches LOL me and my cousin laughed about him for awhile. He was his usually prissy self running behind my Gabe and seeming way more comfortable in his own skin this year than in years past. Him and Gabe got on well! I better watch that damn peaches LOL no, im not worried about that Im just glad he didnt have to pretend to be tougher and straighter than he is. He just looks an ass when he does it. Besides why should he care what the family thinks? hes a grown man and my Moms side of the family is not known for their genioristy.

My cousin was not pregnant this year and shes marrying a guy and going to hair school. The guy is Dominician and hes mad cool Likes video games, has a job and is going to college in the Bronx. He even got her a ring. I didnt have any glasses so the diamond was a bit hard to detect but im pretty sure I saw a glimmer of something their! Long Live Love!

No one eevn mention Keith and Kevin those are the twins. No one. I hope if they are ever released they join us and feel what a real thanksgiving day feels like.

This is the first year I think I got it! I was thankful for everything and everyone around me.

One question, why do people always conveiently have Tupperware in their cars and try to take all the leftovers home. If I can just break them all out of that habit!

I hope everyones day was a blast! No fiights or murders here....maybe XMas? LOL

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com