Tuesday, November 04, 2008

AMERICA HAS VOTED! AND NOW WE CAN MOVE ON

When I heard that Barack Obama had won. I'm not a weeper but I wept. I wept for joy that the American people. My People, looked past a mans skin color and voted for what they believed was the best man for the job.

I wept when I thought of my great grand Mother, My Nana, My Mother all the women and men in my family who always believed that one day America would wake up and put their petty thoughts aside. Wise up and they did.

I wept for Dr. martin Luther King that had a dream and I smiled as I said to myself, "Dreams come true"

I smile and I weep and I pray that Obama lives up to his talk and his dreams because this is just the beginning of a long uphill journey and now to my guests.....

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com