Thursday, November 06, 2008

Being accepted in their world

Man, Lord knows it aint easy. Tonight once again we completed a segment of our Podcast "True Urbane Havoc Entertainment Hour" tonights theme was house and I was working with 3 djs and some independent artists here in Brooklyn, NY.

First off, Im NO DJ. My partna is thats his world but I do have a ear. Plus in 2006-2007 I hosted their podcasts which got pretty good reviews and a pretty good fan base.

It was something to do to make our bond tight. I personally listen to old music even as a shorty I was listening to jazz and Gabe is a head. Liking hip hop and House. But somehow we merged and I got introduced to a brother named Muhammad from Baltimore at a talent show. I was just listening and he asked "what do u think" and I just said what I believed and thats how the concept of the podcast was born out of clips from independent artists.

Imagine my surprise when I was watching BCAT and one of the acts I thought would "make it" had made a nice video and were signed artists.

Its not my bag but I love the energy. I bring my dog and tell the brothers their if me and Patrick dont feel like dancin it aint hot LOL thats what tonight is solely based on me and my freakin dancin chihuua.

Its hard fitting into other worlds. I didnt want a "gay" Or "Straight" podcast. I didnt want talk about gay issues or straight issues and I knew it would be harder when certain activists in certin Yahoo groups dogged me for throwing the DJ Parties and not wanting this or that cause it was about music and fun not pick ups.

I got passed all that and hell if im not proud. Im very proud of the tracks here because I was around during the remixes and everything ...I hope everyone who reads this adds it to their IPOD.

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com