Tuesday, November 18, 2008

MINI RANT "Insurance, Bailouts,gay marriage"

Ive been doing alot of reading since ive been home and I'm curious about a few things. Because, I don't seem to grasp them completely or if they really are as important as some people are making it out to be or, if its not important as the other side wants it to be.

Gay marriage: I'm drug with this one but curious too. Why do I never see any men of color championing this cause? Even the ones that are so in love don't seem to care one way or the other? The other half that do talk about it are in inter racial relationships. But people of color that are in c and c relationships seem mute. Someone said to me on the phone that its because they grew up in the church and the black church frowns on it.

Is that so much crap or what. Why would anyone even go to a church that they get no support from. There are too many damn things to do on a Sunday morning then to "play" at church. I cantt buy the fact that gay men are really that dumb or cowardly. besides if your already sleeping with men why even bother. Find a church tthat supports you. When you have problems who can you even get counseling from? I am at a lost...on that...completely

Personally, im begining to wonder which way to lean. I have no intention of ever marrying again (tho one never knows does one?) i do love my partner but ive been down that road and I think I have a phobia. Its all so confining. Now, with that said, my own mate doesnt agree at all. But thinks marriage is basically for people that are bringing children into the world. His opinion. I respect that. Add that to the fact that I still cant figure does the minister say husband and husband or what im still lost.

Why aren't people of color visible during this debate?

I hear them talk about wills and benefits but hell, anyone can write a will even if your married your spouse only can get whats stipulated therein. I think its a case of "WE WANT IT" and that's cool but hell, just say it. Its way less confusing then thin arguments. if you ask me 9which obviously no one has but anyway....)

My second major query is these bailouts. If Detroit is the last of the American car makers and they don't bail them out. Does that mean no more domestic vehicles yet another thing we have to depend on Foreign countries to give us? Shouldnt they be working on this a bit harder?

Insurance. I am really perplexed. I paid off my insurance years ago. If they go under what happens to my money? Recently I thought of surrendering my whole life policies but where do you put the cash? Banks are not safe and I never borrow against my policies. They are basically in place for when I get old or if I leave my mate. But I cant just surrender because what do you do with the money. It would be too easy to friver away, or worse .Why aren't people of color concerned about this? There seems to be a awful lot of unconcern among grown people and a particular culture of people that's (to me is disturbing)

I love to read articles about sports and Beyonce and even jokes and stuff but my god I'm a grown ass man that's lived responsibly for a minute now and The internet is becoming as hollow as some magazines that have my demographics in mind. I know money has no color but with all these rich colored people doing nothing with their money it all seems damn queer to me. I mean years ago i remember janet jackson invested in a bank with some other entertainers, And that damn rush card that guy put out is a scourge to the poor and unlearned everywhere! (Unbelievable that one) Where is the positivity?

I'm pretty sure that their are down to earth people on the internet that have written and reviewed this situation besides black voices on AOL. (I hate that sight) Id be thankful for a link or two so i could better my mind and be satisfied on these things!

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com