Wednesday, December 24, 2008

random memories and west coast shit

Damn I love Birdman his raps just make me feel good. I be dancin around feelin good when I hear him spit. I CAN'T get into Kanye at all. like someone needs to tell him he's just an entertainer. I'm no 50 fan either but Birdman and lil jeezy I get into them even at home. I feel like I'm riding when I hear their stuff. weird cuz I'm not really a head at all. Man I was checkin somebodys page out dat has sent me a invitation. being I haven't been 2 bed I am brain dead I be leaving braincells all over crown heights.
but he had that West Coast Music that I use to be so addicted to.
Back in da day DJ Quick was my favorite rapper I had all his cassettes and CDs I was running with this crazy crip kid. I can't remember his name he went crazy in 2001 and got on the F train and was robbing and cutting people up he was on the news and everything I think he smoked a tree that was laced with something. some people said he was a crackhead. Darnell was his name. Donell that's it
its not funny but when someone told me I said damn ol boy climbed that tree and never came down.
I can't remember his name but he use to get me all the good rap I liked Spice 1 back then he had this song called 'in my neighborhood' and Quck I like their music 4 the beats they love that old skool funkedelic type shit.
I had a ol skool record by the Brides of Funkenstein' I got it at a garage sale it was called 'never buy a bridge in brooklyn' it was the funkiest album I had ever heard even tho it was mad old. my favorite song was called 'up in here' something about a party up in heah, I use to play that record to death. never saw anything else by them but that how I learned about funk.
I wasn't a big fan but those OGs would talk about George Clinton and the mothership and I would try to imagine it.
when the internet we got I looked it up that was some wild music and people. everybody over 50 got a mothership concert story I like them storys.
Smokey taught me bout doo wop and three and four part harmony. they would be at the barbershop. I use to sweep the floor at the barbershop when I was a kid. Barbershops were better back when I was like 10 you'd hear a lot about everything. I learned about the clap at age 10 lol. this guy use to always get it and hed be pissed as hell hed come in talking smack about they had to put something a swab or whatever in his johnson (thats what he called it) I didn't know what a johnson was and I'd go ask Nana and shed be pissed said I was hearing too much.
good memories damn!
There was a store nearest our place that sold records. but it was really a weed spot. my naïve ass use to go there and they'd sell me a 45 for 35 cents that was cheap in the 1980s too cheap.
so one day a customer come in and bought a trey bag and I didn't know what a tre bag was, I went home and asked what type of record was a tre?
that ended my trips To the record store but like a week later or so the police raided e m
don't seem like shit was better then its more it was knew and exciting.
I met claw when I was real young. he was a legend he was a old herion addict that stayed in my aunts building. legend had it they wanted his arm for research he was all ulcered up a big blob with ulcers from shooting drugs. My uncle was an addict he died of hepititus c back in the 90s so I got to see some wild stuff as a kid.
the world has changed sadder even with all the sadness in the 80S ppl still were closer. oh well just some random memories
someone noticed I hardly ever listen to men singers. I don't know why I just could not sleep with some guy singing it doesn't sooth me. that is weird. I love female singers as long as they don't hit crazy notes and stuff I get real aggie.

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com