Wednesday, December 03, 2008

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER....

Have you ever done something you thought was great, ingenius?

You pat yourself on the back and are proud of the fact that you were not 100% self serving, had no ulterior motive. You just feel good.

Then

Then

It blows up in your face and you dont know whether to be

pissed

sad

or Pissed

Such is my 7:00 AM dilema.

I am a sidekick junkie. I do everything on a sidekick. i text, read my emails, blog you name it. When I first signed up for Myultiply I used a MDA but I could not mobile blog. Everything became messed up the viseos wouldnt transfwr. So, I switched to a sidekick LX my favorite toy. Which I bought at full price.

Now, Over the holidays while cleaning I decided to donate a lot of crap. Old gifts. old cell phones. I cleaned the house out throughly. A very good thing and I was proud of myself. Their was a bag. yes literally a bag of cell phones here at the house. broken razars, free phones that were never used. Good stuff. I figured everyone is working here why not take it down to the halfway house and the homeless shelter.

So i did.

While bitching about the economy and looking at my verizon bill. I decided why not break free from the cell phone habit. I dont actually talk on a cell phone. I text and play on it all day and its really distracting plus, My job issued a memo that in a certin dept camerea phones are no longer permitted. My fave is the sidekick. I figured with our new hours and all. he could use it and then just bring it home it would save us the 9.99 extra line fee cause I never use the minutes anyway. I was very happy already in my mind making use of the "extra" money" from the cheper plan.

Soooo

I tell Gabe. Look just change the sim at T mobile and use my sidekick since he got another job which is in the city. He would need a phone. I could use it at home to blog and read email and text all my favorite people and talk about nothing whule walking thru the house or walking the dog..or hanging out on the porch...ok u get the idea

I went thru withdrawl yesterday. I hate computers. I do have a desktop and laptop and I dont like them I have to sit and its too much like work. Im on it now and it drags me. I am on a computer all day at work and I just hate them.

When its time for gee to come home. Im waiting my precious sidekick is on the way home! he calls from a phone booth in the city to explain very tentaively that he was swinging....SWINGING???...I still cant phantom this. Swinging his arm and the sidekick crashed to the sidewalk its shattered. The screen is busted and it looks like hell.

he is smart enough to ask

"Nows not a good time to ask if you could just uh pick me up because the subways are crowded"

Of course it isnt!

Whe he arrives

I look at it and weep..

This is the fourth high end electronic my gee has destroyed he is challenged whenever he texts and gets upset or whatever he does this thing with his arm. This has sent numerous phones to the ground and smashed. Except this one phone a samsung507 that he has never been able to kill!

Damn. So now on the most expensive month of the year. A month filled with birthdays., parties etc i have to get another phone. Or wait for him to get another one. Either way im bummed.

I was ashnmed that my first thought was how many presents can be returned and I get my money back ( im addicted) But, Im like fuck it. Im going to sweat it out. I can sit in the bedroom at the desktop and blog but its not the same. This is like work!

I end this now

Thank God our relationship isnt material basd or id just kill him and be dome with it.

Oh well. The withdrawl pains are already starting.

Im thinking I am not even going to buy a sidekick just breakfree of the habit and get something simplier that has a keyboard.

As for Gee? he can go back to using the public phone system !

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com