Monday, December 15, 2008

Nuturing friendships of a diffrent kind

I was walking with my friend J he follows Islam but me and him and his wife are cool and its always great to talk to people no matter how different your views are. You learn something it doesn't mean you take everything they say as the gospel according too.... But it means that it gives you a reason to get a book and try to find out why they believe it.

The good thing I feel about me is i can really talk about anything without arguing. Even if I don't believe it I really believe their is a reason why so many of us have so many different thoughts and ideas.

We talked about religion by defination I'm a catholic and he practices Islam but in the 6 years we have been friends we have never disrespected each other and he knows when to fall back and I do too. For instance when holidays come. I always say well I hope the new year is great for you completly disregarding christmas. Where as some people just go right on and send a damn card with the blessed virgin or Jesus on it. Stuff like that is not gonna change anyones mind about anything so whty bother? If a person is your friend you must respect the friendship.

Today was deep we sat up in his apt on the 24th floor overlooking manhattan and his wife's niece who is 18 me and him we kicked it about politics, relationships and religion and it wasn't a drag. I realized that gay, straight, young and old we all have our beliefs. many people who claim. They cant tolerate narrowmindness , or weakness, religious people or people who are Agnostic or Atheist or whatever sometimes don't realize that they themselves are being narrow minded. Would you try to force an asexual person to try intercourse?

A good example is a friend who is an Elder in the COGIC denomination. To him everything begins and ends with what he was taught and that is basically what he believes. I knew him maybe 7 years and at one time we were good friend despite his arrogance and blatant hypocrisy otherwise, he was a great person. He talked to my father and I remember thinking if he disrespects my father Imma whip his mutha fuckin ass. But he didnt , he and my father talked about an issue that he was adamnt about...Titthing. The result of the marathon talk session. My friend said, Your father is amazing he explained the concept to me and then he told me at one point. "Son you make good points but sometimes if you want to put you point across you have to put a little salt on it" My father checked hi in such a dignified way that they were aboe to discuss what could have been a difficult topic.

But some people aren't like that,

The rest of the day was a drag but that 3 hours spent in the company of good company was well spent

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com