Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My new York New York Citys Greenwich Village pt 1

Whenever it gets warm I like to go down into the village. There is a small park across from the Stonewall Bar ( the home of the NY Gay revolution) Thats the bar when back in the 1960's that they had the famous Stonewall riots. Ironically, when I read a lot of the big name activists they always talk about the predjudice that prevails between blacks and white gays down their. I however disagree 100% I wont say their is no predjudice but their is preferance. But if you hang out their in the daytime. many of the blacks and whites that hang in that park are out and out gay men and women and transvestites. Most of them have alot of problems like addictions, hiv, homelessness. I use to bring lunch to a homeless drag queen when i worked in Chelsea. The stautue is of two men and two women sort of a gay symbiolism type of art. People from all over the world come and take pictures of the statue or with it

I love the Magnolia bakery. Whenever im in downtown manhattan I get a half dozen of their to die for cupcakes. You may remember this bakery from the series "sex and the city". But it really is the best place in the world. Now, these people who own it at 4pm they bring alot of boxed cupcakes down tto the Christopher street park and share with the homeless gay men that are their. This may make some people mad but I dont give a runny shit. I read some of the big name activists who blog about this and that and I have never seen one of them do a damn thing to help our gay brothers who are down in this park. yet, they will go on and on blogging for days about "the black and white gay dilemna" Ill say this if i was white and was taking care of as many gay people who are homeless and hungry id think that the rest of their race was crap. To me talk is cheap action is everything. During the early spring I never saw one african american or latino do anything for those people who hang in that park. never. I saw Itallian gay men, Asian gay men, Straight people, Chinese you name it. They go into that park and bring food, sodas, all types of stuff. but I never, ever saw my own their. That to me is disgusting and pitiful as hell. But then I get on the internet and i see so many of these so called intellectual brothers typing on and on about this, that and the other. Not cool to me at all. Not when you have a hungry gay crack addict out there not only killing himself but when they trick for food or whatever their spreading that shit because they have to live. No one ebver thinks about that I bet.

Thats so not cool. I cant say how many times i was down their and id meet people and id go to Gristedes and buy a damn sandwich for a gay black brother who may not have eaten. I use to be scasred cause they would kind of push up on you like and id be like nah you know if u hungry ill get you sumthin to eat but im not with that other shit. You gotta be careful but in your heart you know who has needs. i came up in this city so I know.

Sometimes we would talk and they would tell me they had HIV or AIDS and was waiting for a permanent housing solution or whatever. I dont have much but if I can do a little something I will thats whats up in this world

Usually in the spring I go to Washington square park they have a park for the dogs and I take my patrick their. Those New Yorkers have the most gorgeouos pedigree dogs. I love that park. I use to live in the LES back in the day it was like my first apartment with this guy I use to go with. We lived on east 2nd Street between avenues A & B. The building is gone now we lived in the 174 building. Thats when i fell in love with Washington Square park. i was like maybe 16 it was my first really truely relationship. Didnt work tho but I still have fond memories and it was the first time I was independent

thats why I like that part of manhattan

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com