Monday, February 23, 2009

When You Love someone.....Shes soo Underated,,,daphne Rubin- vega

I first heard ( the love of my ears) Daphne on a X Mix compilation that they issued to DJs back in the mid 1990's and I fell in love. Shes so underrated its unbelievable. Shes just Ohh I love her shes house but punk sort of its hows she listed I have yet to hear any punk from her...HMMPH

The song I fell in love with was called "when You Love someone" for years I asked Gabe about it and I would sing it and i even found the rights cords on the piano and can play my own horrible version.( its horrible too i lie not)

Do U know no one would help me find it. Gabe claimed the record was gone and the Mercury label demised and Id not get it.Hes hateful when it comes to music :) just mean. Says my taste in music is like Tofu! Threatehened me with castration if I peeked in his crates! So, because im respectfully of others property i didnt look!

I tried asking him when he was half asleep that doesnt seem to work. Even ewhile taking a crap id ask him and get cursed out so bad I started to call a domestic verbal abuse counselor! Ok im just jokin

But, I looked all over the internet and found a Daphe rubin vega and then added that to my google search "when You Love Someone" and found her bio and to think i saw her in rent and didnt know it!!!!! I even remember it was the last track on the compilation. The song makes me happy. I smile and I even heard the jazzy remix which plays over and over in my house. Cuz its MY HBOUSE ILL PLAY IT OVER AND OVER till im tired.

Then I found the tracks on Rhapsody and of course id pay a whole paychecjk for her but it was only 99 cents. Everyone in my circumfrence sighs a sigh of relief....

Its fun to search for stuff you love

Real Name: Daphne Rubin-Vega
Profile: Daphne Rubin-Vega is a two-time Tony nominee who is best known for originating the role of Mimi on and off-Broadway in Johnathan Larson's rock musical "RENT". However, Daphne has been on the scene starting from her days in freestyle latin girl group Pajama Party.

After "RENT", Daphne released a string of hit dance singles including "When You Love Someone" and "I Found It". She recorded her first album "Souvenirs" which is only available on her official website due to the demise of the Mercury record label.

Daphne has appeared on and off-broadway numerous times over the years and later this year will star as Fantine in the new revival of "Les Miserables". In October 2006, she and her rock band DRV released "Redemption Songs", a collection of mostly-self written songs.
URLs: http://www.daphnerubin-vega.com
http://www.myspace.com/drvmusic
In Groups: Pajama Party

1 comment:

technoguy78 said...

I have that X-mix if you want it... it was done by Armand Van Helden on X-mix Dance vol. 18. Email me at technoguy78@gmail.com if you want it.

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com