Thursday, January 08, 2009

Update...and I wont complain!...journal200903

I was actually in possession of my IPOD for a limited engagement. lol and I listened to a song. I guess it was religious to me it was inspirational its by Rev. James Cleavland and its called "I wont complain" I fell asleep listening to it and it was so true.

When I woke ,I was reminding Gabe of when our drawers were showing. That's when we were so poor we were living in a rented room! a really tiny hovel ..Then a studio that was humorously described by the broker as a "garden apartment" with what was to us a penthouse price!. Now we are in apartment here in Brooklyn and hopefully in a few years with hard work and a lil luck a small lil home.

I remembered those old daze making Tuna casserole and fried jack mackerel (uggh) its a running joke that I didn't know how to make it back in 2000 it came out like cement! Awful and we often laugh about it. My meat loaf was a horror story too! BUT, We ate a lot of mackerel and fish and peanut butter in those days. I was an intern with a service agency. Making the sum of less than 25 grand a year! I was just back in NYC from college down south and he was DJing, Clubs, balls etc and we were making ends barely meet.

The fights and breakups and BS. All dat...Alll dat there!

But today? I WONT COMPLAIN!

One time when the damn rent was due I took our last fifty dollars and a bought a polaroid camera a SX 70 i believe and film and took pictures of tourists for 5 dollars a picture and the first night I made 300 bucks all over manhattan and the village! and man those were some fun ass days!

I wont complain

I remembered when we would wash our drawers in the bath tub cause we were living in Murray Hill and that's a great zip code and all but everything is xpensive when you live in Midtown manhattan. Breakfast was peanut butter and jelly, or my fave cream cheese and jelly and Tang! Lunch was liverwurst supplied from his pops store...I LOOOOVVVVEEE liverwurst! But when we stepped outta the crib their were homeless peoples sleeping near the Empire State Building who didn't even have that!

I wont complain!

Friends? in those days there were ball kids. Running around in real chanel, Lauren, all the fabulous shit. Gabe was the DJ and id be too damn shame to show up cuz I wasnt a theif and couldnt or rather wouldnt steal. I was so young and immature that i said well one of them Ebonys or Labeishas or whatever will steal my happiness but you know what? All the friends I came up with...stayed pretty true and alot of them died during the plague that hit NY (hiv) But we are still here!

I cant COMPLAIN!

Their were times when the phone was off and we were on prepaid telephones(does anyone remember omnipoint now t mobile and those 10 dollar cards? The con edison light company was threatening to cut off the juice. Somehow someway we came thru....

Naw baby...I wont complain

Off and on we went all these years not knowing our happiness was to be right in our own backyards!

Sometimes we as americans and people bitch about the economy and alot of my friends on AIM say How do you feel about the recession...HELL! Its always been a recession in our household but hey...

I WONT COMPLAIN

As its the early morning I'm sending out a e newsletter to our clients for our small computer business. We don't have a big list we are basically word of mouth and hopefully in a few days our humble web site will be up. But you know what? Just when things are tight. The life insurance policy is due,The auto insurance is about to lapse.Patrick needs chow...Someone calls and says I have a job 4 you....

so....I Wont COMPLAIN!

My Nana use to say to me The good lord has never forsaken the righteous or saw his seed begging for bread. I aint righteous but I'm sure the seed and that's certainly true!

That song....is my life...Yes,I Love Billie Holiday and Sade and Rick Ross, El General and all dem folks...But I gotta admit when the crap hits the fan....

I Need inspiration...and in the meantime?

I WONT COMPLAIN

have a great day world! and when your feeling the pinch think back for just a second to maybe a time in your life when your drawers were showing and look in the mirror today...Youll feel a hell uva lot better!

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com