Wednesday, January 07, 2009

OL SKOOL NEW SKOOL 1,2,3

So im at a friends house who loves music. Just most of the music they listen to I swear I never heard. So ya know its a learning experience. Evertime!

However, I was blown away by this singer named Melba Moore. Onb the album cover she was looking like Micheal Jackson aspires to look (check out the cover) so i was like "oh here we ,Going thru thew same thang!"

He reminded me I met her a few times at the Bedford Avenue church she donates time their for her causes. She has a foundation. Some of the kids I tutor are members their. My friend use to be a musical minister or whatever they call that... at the church up the street from their.I knew she did Broadway but I didnt know she was a recording artist. At least I thought i didnt.

He played this song called "Never Say Never" and it blew me away. I mean I havent felt that way about a song since I was driving home and Nora Jones was singing "dont Know Why" and I immediately went to the mall 4 the cd. I was humming it (not good!) ....All like "ah man it goes like this HMMMMMM LOL(so funny)

Sure I mean Melba Moores song it was kinda disco "ish" but I started buying records as a kid in the late 1980s so it was all good. But her voice was so beautiful to me.

The rest of the albums I heard to me were straight up "disposable" But then he played this song that I had forgotten about. "the other side of the rainbow" and iI played the cut 6 times! I loved that song as a kid but never really sort out who made it.

My nana loved that tune!!! I was all moist eyed and stuff lol

Theres a lot to be said for some of these forgotten pop stars 4 sure

I think during that time rap had just hit the school yard (it wasnt new just new to us) and I wouldnt listen to anyone except red head kingpin,Special Ed, Heavy D,Lyte, etc stuff like that. We use to party at a club for youth really called "the ark" so I missed out on some of the established artists of the period and right B$

Interesting...But the tune "Never say Never"....damn i love it!

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com