Monday, January 12, 2009

The plague is back and its not cool at all

I don't know where to begin typing this crap on my SK but I gotta record it B4 the thoughts choke me.
Today I saw the saddest thing I thought I would never really see.
Theres a book by Claude Brown called 'Manchild in the promise land' I read it when I was a teenager. It chronicles a black mans life during the Herion plague that hit harlem in the 50's.
I came around during the crack plague and never thought Herion would make a big comeback with the under 40 set.
In Brooklyn, a lot of 40 plus are hung up on that crap from way back in the 80s.
Today I stopped by my old building. I buy memory (RAM) for our little computer business.
As I popped in I heard a girl squeal my name and I looked up and saw a girl I know and we use to laugh and she was my tight 4 a minute a very pretty friend.
I just liked her cause she was so beautiful and she still is.
She invited me in her apartment and I noticed a dude I knew from back in the day sitting in the living room...stoned as hell
I thought sun was drunk cuz their was a big azz bottle of something on the table.
I then noticed a woman wearing a wig one of those Mahalia Jackson meets Clara Ward ole skool joints.
I never saw a old lady look so damn content. I was like 'wassup' no one said shit they just stared.
I didn't think about it till me and the girl got to talking and I heard a loud azz BOOM!
I was like WTF???
I said 'ma something happen in yo living room sweets'
she looked and I was right behind her.
the boy who I know damn well had fell out on the floor.
it took me a minute to put two and two together till the phone rang and the girl went to saying some shit about a damn bundle.
OK so these MF's are on freakin dujii
I'm like damn its not a big deal but the brother on the floor aint but 29 at the most looks 20 and to be honest is a great looking can get any girl,boy whatever his preferance with nooo problem.
I use to hate to stand near him at dances cuz I'd just be invisble...
when she let the people in I was gathering my knap sack to bounce everyone that came in. I swear was under 35 for sure.
I asked her is this what's up now?
she was like yeah niggas are diggin on that 'shit' she said she sold 4 grand worth today and this was like 9 pm.
why? what's the magic? I feel so sad when I see my old classmates and peoples killin theyself.
Dope don't do nothin but kill u the long slow hard way..I read that at age 11 in Lady sings the blues'
I asked my girl if she fucked with that shit she said naw and she hates selling it but she lost her job etc, and she gotta eat.
;ind you this chick had a great job at the old European American Bank.
I realized the recession is gonna bring the middle and lower classes back to a bad time. People drink more. do drugs and robberies are gonna go up its a hand in hand process and theres nothing we in the hood can really do to stop it.
we can't create jobs or give out handouts.
People don't wanna hear about some Jesus when their babies are hungry or the damn lights are out.
The blacks like my parents who moved outta the ghetto and raisin their kids ala Dr. Spock are so far removed from the scene that when this plague hits the suburbs hard...they won't even see it coming. Until what happened to Mrs. Scott happens to them!

Mrs. Scott had a beauty salon where I grew up in Nassau County her son who is like 15 years my senior became a dope fiend in th the 1980 he emptied out his moms whole house and she had a to die for house in a upper middle class neighborhood. It almost killed her she moved downsouth some damn where after having butch locked up she was so hurt.
So with all the hip hop and loud mouths sugbifying by talking loud and saying nuthin and all the blacks who sit around and talk about BS. I guess we better sound the alarm cuz the walls of Jericho are getting ready to tumble down
I just hate to see my old friends and class mates caught up in a world they never really needed to know...

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com