Saturday, August 08, 2009

VIRTUAL TOUR OF HARLEM

Harlem USA was one of my fave places in the late 1980's as a kid they had "walking tours" it was one of my first jobs. I made a whooping four bucks an hour and I was good too. People would request me! Anyway, my parents knew every Judus spot, that ever was and thats how I learned and would share stories with the people who came from places like Austraia, germany all over the world. I think at the time I was 15 beause I had a work permit, This virtual tour is good! However the Lafayette theater ( a old harlem colored theater is now a church, No one uses the Cotton Club anymore, The Savoy has long since been torn down it ran like a block or two I believe Gay houses used it for balls actually b4 my time tho, the Hot Cha mentioned here survived way into the 90s! last owner was walt frazier, dickies is still around as is the Apollo...enjoy

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com