Friday, August 07, 2009

Very few colored/black/whateva women on the NYC Burlesque scene

With the off Broadway play "Burlesque" I became a huge fan of this art form. Its very entertaining and really glamorous. A few nights a week I go and catch various Burlesque shows some are better than others. Some are just trading in on the name to produce strippers

About a year or two ago I begin to complain. There are so few Black women in Burlesque. Trust me most burlesque acts consist of extremly beautiful, hour glass figured women with the resiquite perky breasts and perfect skin. But the only black girls I have really seen is when Hip Hop acts use them for shows and have them looking pin up circa 1949 Think of Kanye Wests video..."Golddigger"

I

I was transfixed by the model in that video ( pictured below) they had her looking like a pin up girl. I dont think with me its a sexual thing I just love to look at very beautiful people. Hell Ill sleep with a guy but I prefer a pretty girl to hang with and run around town with.

For my money luckily all last year I was crazy over Dita Von Teee had I been a twen or teen Id have posted her all over my room.

But 4 now Im hoping more black chicks they get. I think that would be cool

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com