Saturday, August 22, 2009

KOOP " I see a diffrent you"

Im in love with the group Koop.

Theyre a cross between lounge, jazz, trance and electronica

Im a huge fan of big arrangements and even though Koops music is a sample base amalgation of god knows everything smooth. Its very easy to take.

They also know not to make the mistake that Sade and the group rand New Heavies w/davenport were with. Even though they were both great in the 90's everyone always says that line " I love Sade but after awhile all the tunes sound the same. This would be true but Koop did what the Brand New Heavies tried to do. A parade of great vocalists. Its always diffrent. Brand New Heavies tried but we got sold on the skills of NDea Davenport who I love and listen to....religiously. We wouldnt let them put her out to pasture. So on Koops album we get so many flavors hell its hard to really choose

and that one song. " I see a diffrent you" Sometimes I think im listening to some really hip Bossa Nova sometimes its lounge jazz its never the same to me and I listen to this song thats on my cover page here a lot!

Man, Its so hard to believe the music is all sampled. The horns, the rhytym section. can u imagine how long it must take to construct a song that way?? I guess thats why there is such a big gap in releases.

But as my friend was saying NOTHING about this group is REAL? Or is it? The guys turn into girls and the male singers sound like females and the music isnt music its samples of great songs recycled refurbished and re published and the public? Loving it

In one of the songs, I think its Koops Island, I could hear a whole john coltrane line. Fasinating.

But what is real are the vocalists...They are always to me perfect.....

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com