Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thank you Multiply family...update

Tomorrow I go with Gabe to our therapy. I really like it because the Therapist kinda looks like Ellen DeGeneres and shes very unconventional. I enjoy it and it is something we are doing 2gether. It felt awkward at first tho. kind of sureal. But im kool with it!

Im proud to say that even though I miss some of the perks hes decided to stop DJing over in Ottowa. That was the 6 month period that hed have residency in whatever club he was booked into. Thats basically where the problem began with those party kids they are something over there! and I agreed to start going with him to some of the work he gets here in NY. Im not a club person at all! but I am a person that really values my relationship.

I learned when your mate has a problem you both have one. Yesterday, I took the bar out of the house I gave it to a neighbor and along with it every drop of alcohol has been removed from our residence. I couldnt in good conscience sit and have a drink knowing that drinking to Gabe is a "trigger factor" I learned that term when i was a guest in his group. He goes to group once a week. The therpy team invites you to bring your mate, or signifigent other. I wasnt the only gay person either I met a girl who has a girlfriend in his group and their is another gay couple their as well. Tho i just dont think I jived with them to well. But the girl and I are like kool and she calls every few days and I call her too and we chat and talk about things. Thats kewl!

They also have a group for people who are the spouses or signifigent others of people battling addictions but I cant attend because I work during that time of day.

Oh and I learned It Triggers his use for other things. Thats why they are called trigger factors and hes really trying we are talking more so I figured a team works together so im going to abstain from my after work drink im into cranberry juice. cant say i like it tho but i love him more plus they say alcohol ages you anyway. lol

Also hes working at the family Bodega in Bed Sty with his dad which is why I am up till 3am cause thats when he comes home. His father is so proud of him and I am so happy that things are going well with him and Papi. Even his brother and I have been getting along good. Im teaching him to skateboard and we have a small picnic planned this weekend.

Sometimes I wish things were what they were 8 years ago. Just carefree and no worries but that isnt reality and this is my reality now.

I feel really blessed, lucky whatever adjective you care to use! Just to be able to have gotten thru what at one point seemed an impossible thing. A few of my friends, my real friends the mature ones have really been cool and understand that the party life isnt for everyone and sometimes you have to make changes. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices so you can enjoy a life to gether. tho I dont see any of this as a damn scarifice. A learning experience maybe.Before things change in a way you didnt really want.

Truly, like all things it, the bad passes. It really does and I survived and I had a great support team and nice internet friends and family.My nana who left us in April of last year would have said " God always puts people in your path with better eyesight than yours. Its your own choice to get what you can and put proud under foot to get to the next level. the most loneliest ppl in the world are those that are the proudest. i understand that now.

Who knows if I have left him I would have been only thinking life is suppose to be perfect and thats not the way life is! You cant leave every negative situation you have to really see if its worth saving. To me it was

Which leads me to the point where I have to really thank my Multiply family for the support you gave me during the time Gabe was in re hab. No one really said anything negative or stupid. That has never been my experience on the internet! But I sat today and re read alot of those old blogs and comments and i was like damn! The internet really isnt such a bad place! There are alot of kewl ppl out there in the world.

Thank you.

No comments:

TRUE URBAN HAVOC ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS http://trueurbanehavoc.podOmatic.com